Monday, January 8, 2018

The Power of Intention...

         Well, it's the first full week back after Christmas break... And here I am! Woo Hoo! Blogging away! After my New Year's Resolution of making time for my art and working at getting myself back into the art world... I figured, a great way to get the creative juices flowing would be to Blog each Monday! Yay! I am, now, home from work, have finished running my errands/tasks, and now I am ready to sink my teeth into working off my creative energy.



        Sooooooo, let me tell you about how I got to this point....
Since Christmas, I've been organizing my space and getting ready to do some new art work. I have a crazy, overwhelming need to organize and tidy my studio space before I can work. Since moving my studio into my home, I haven't carved out a space where I can work freely. I have worked on the dining table, in the kitchen, and wherever I could make a mess for a few days. Then I had to clean it up and stash my supplies somewhere. This past Summer/Fall,  I  have been slowly making our walk-out into my space. My husband, Mark, made shelves in the closet for my supplies awhile ago....and everything BUT art stuff filled them! LOL! After a purge of stuff, buying a new work table and setting up this Christmas Break...I should be good to go this week! I even meal prepped this Sunday in order to make more time for myself during the week. (I also started getting my "books" organized for recording/documenting new work, financial records, project planning and goal setting.)


       Now, What to create?? I am debating on what medium to begin with. I think I am going to start with an acrylic on canvas. No pre-sketching. Just painting.  Thinking this will help my unconscious to let go of any preconceived ideas of what I THINK I should be creating. I have mental lists of things I want to make, but need to do some sketches before attempting the pieces I'd like to do on recycled wood, on jewels, jewel boxes and mini canvases. So, today, I will continue my journey! Off to go paint!
Hurray for new years resolutions and for making time for creativity!WOO HOO!


Happy Monday!
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment