Saturday, January 29, 2011

Opportunities

          I have been thinking a lot about opportunities and how they come about...where do they come from- how can I be more aware.  I had an opportunity to show some artwork at the Y, in Shoreview, yesterday evening.  I was so happy I did! They were having an open house/ Friday Family Night event and I met some great new people and was able to see some old friends.  I had worked at this Y for 11 years- and it felt like home when I was there.  Sure, things are changed and new faces abound...but I saw so many people I had connections with and ... WOW...It felt wonderful.  I am very happy that my friend, Cyn,asked me to come and be a part of that event.  I sold a couple jewels, and made a wonderful connection with a family for a possible commission- But what I really think it did- was make me realize how small our world is- how many people we have that touch our lives and how important it is to know how many people we have impact on or who have an impact on us.  Sometimes-I feel I am in my own little world out here in the sticks- but when I see the people that have touched my life in some way- that I have connections outside my immediate family- I truly feel blessed!
        I have such a great attitude waking up today and I just can't wait to get out and about...My daughter and I are going to bring the art and supplies back down to our little studio in St. Paul...get set up for Lowertown First Fridays next Friday...and I know I will be looking for opportunities...Who can I talk to? Who can I help? What can I say?  It's not always the opportunities that come to us- sometimes we have to search a little.  But I can tell you- my eyes are wide open.  It may be an opportunity for me- or maybe I am actually giving someone else one.  Maybe it will be a way for me to show my work- maybe I will have an opportunity to try something new, maybe inspiration for a painting...maybe I will inspire someone else. I am thrilled to see what happens today. I'll keep you posted!
        OH! And the painting above....I felt this was appropriate...It is titled "Sea Something"...and I was inspired from a film I watched on ocean life. I like that you need to look- to "see" something...take from it what you bring to it.  I was inspired by underwater sea life- but when you look- do you see that same thing? Kind of like the opportunities we are given- do we each see the same opportunity, the same choice, the same way we can help someone else? Do we see it at all? I know that I'll be looking a little more closely today:)
Always Inspired-
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment